Monday, May 11, 2009

Struggles

Today has not been the best day...i feel like the people i thought were my friends just don't care anymore...i hate that people use me being married as an excuse to not hang out with me....i feel like now that i stand up for myself and not let people walk all over me that now those exact same people who told me that i needed to voice my feeling more and stand up for myself are now the ones who are getting mad that i am putting my feelings out there and totally taking advantage of the things they know hurt...is there any win win in this? I feel like some of the most important people that were in my life just don't care anymore...I hate that i let what people say affect me soooo much! I hate that ALL of the friends i thought would be there through the hardest times of my life have just given up....is there something wrong with me why are these people who say they are my "best friends" acting like they don't even care...I'm so hurt but three people that meant sooooo much to me. Why do people say things they know will hurt you....why do they get mad because you tell them your feelings....I don't understand how you can come out and say something to someone that you know is hurting them...This whole situation has made me realize i need to reevaluate some things.

3 comments:

  1. Oh kell, I feel so bad for you. Let me just tell you something that I also had to figure out the hard way a long time ago: The only people that really matter in this life are your family. I have two maybe three close friends and even we have run in's from time to time because we are in such different places in our lives.

    You just have to separate yourself from all of that negativity or it will begin to affect your marriage and other more important things in your life. Focus on the positive things about your life and let all those other negative things, including friends, go. They don't matter. And when you are being more positive and happy, better people will gravitate toward you because people love good vibes.

    Hang in there and tell those douches to shove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kell, I'm having one of those days too. I really do know how you feel. A lot of people have walked out on me too, but I try not to care but it really is hard. From what Megan said, I'm going to take that into my every day life too. Very good advice. Just know that you have a husband who loves you, and definitely a few distant friends who care (hopefully you consider me a distant friend). It really is hard to be friends with some people when you're married and they aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends will come and go but your family will always be there for you.

    ReplyDelete